Tuesday, January 29, 2008

This will cause problems for me later.

I have lost my motivation. It is gone. I have accomplished nothing at work today. I am ready to go home, and it is only 2:00. Of course there are things I could be doing, even though my actual work tasks are still on the skimpy side because it is the beginning of the semester. Instead of reading blogs, checking facebook, and puttng my rose-scented lotion on 65 times, I could be engaged in any of the following activities:

1. creating the questionairre for my research project
2. sending out e-mails to participants of my research project
3. finishing the proposal to send to the IRB
4. reading ahead for seminar and org. development class

there's probably other stuff that I am not even thinking of now. Remember how I said I create problems for myself? Yeah. This is a perfect example. I will probably be up until 3am some night this week trying to get all of this stuff done. Is that enough pressure to get my motivation back? No. Maybe I will get everything out by writing ths post and then work dilligently until 4:00. Chances of this actually happening: close to zero.

Here is a meme i have found on a bunch of people's blogs, and i thought since it's still early on in this blog, maybe this would help you get to know me. so here it is:

(after answering half of the first question, I feel like I need to go back and make this point: I am a gemini. geminis, by nature, have a really hard time picking just one thing. therefore, some of these will have multiple answers...

The perfect outfit: Dark denim jeans, cowboy boots, a stylish but comfy top or sweater, interesting jewelry. OR something sex but classy that fits well and has a knee-length skirt. preferably ni black. could be a seperate top and bottom...

The perfect meal: a very nice cut of beef (steak) cooked medium rare, a spinach salad with pears, candied pecans, gorgonzola, and dried cranberry, mashed potatoes, sauteed brussels sprouts.

The perfect hangover cure: the biggest diet pepsi you can find, hopefully form a fountain soda machine and a ham egg and cheese on a plain bagel toasted from dunkin donuts

The perfect drink: margaritas that come out of smoothie machines, Concannon vineyards limited edition syrah wine (so good hejo went back and bought the last 6 bottles...) sea breeze (cranberry, grapefruit, vodka), my sister in law P. homemade sangria.

The perfect song: Konstantine by Something Corporate

The perfect sign of affection: Saving the last bite for me...

The perfect afternoon: out of work early, sunny outside, good music on the radio, mike at home when i get there, chris and alicia's for dinner

The perfect vacation: somewhere with my whole family.

The perfect invention: spanx power panties. seriously.

The perfect type of wedding: one that i actually get to have before i need to use a walker to get down the aisle.

The perfect album: Goerge Strait's 50 number ones.

The perfect accent: southern US or scottish

The perfect date: one that mike plans.

The perfect weather: crisp fall days with blue skies and puffy clouds. lots of sun and cool weather, where you can wear jeans and a sweatshirt and feel perfect.

The perfect party: with my peeps from my program, destressing form all of the bullshit we go through OR my parent's amazing christmas parties.

The perfect sport: rugby

The perfect day of the week: saturday

Have a good day!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I totally feel you on the complete lack of motivation. Good luck getting everything done!

Maxie said...

Your steak dinner sounds fabulous. Yummmm

And used to always drink sea breezes...I'd drink anything with grapefruit juice though.