Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Stuff...

I don't know what to talk about today. Work i boring because I am not booked for appointments for the next few weeks, but I am sure my schedule will be full by the end of the week, once all of the little darlings get in trouble for drinkingand need to come talk to me.

Oh! I went into my big boss' office this morngin (not the boss I went to a conference with, the BIG boss) to ask her a simple question, and she asked my opinion about something going on on campus right now. We had a 15 minute conversation about it, where she seemed to value my opinion. Cool. I wanted to say "gee, if you come up with the money to hire me as a fulltime employee next year, we could chat like this all of the time." wink wink. We shall see what happens.

I am freaking out right now about a job. I am really sick of living on $300 a week. But I am super terrified that I won't find one.... So far I will be applying for a special events position at my university which I do not think I am qualified for, and a student activities job at a college one hour away. i always swore that i wouldn't do student activities, but i read the job description and was like, well, if it means eating less ramen, I guess I could deal...

So far my job search encompasses all of the instituions of higher ed in rhode island, and universities within an hour commute. That brings me to Conn College, Mitchell College, and Uconn Avery Point. Not sure what is within an hour commute but in Massachusetts. What schools are in Southern Mass? I am also going to look at local nonprofits, entry level HR positions, and whatever the career counselor suggests. Right now, I just want a slightly (ok, maybe more than slightly) bigger paycheck, and some job security. And if I could not hate it, that would be good, too.

And because I feel like this is a boring, ranty post, here is some stuff about me. embarassing stuff:

1. I must admit, I kind of lovet the new brittany song where she's calling herself Mrs. so-and -so. Love that "oh my god, that brittany's shameless" line. and i love the hannah montana song that talks about "when i see you again". the first time i heard it on the radio i was all like "this is amazing. it's kind of tecno-ey and rocking at the same time, and she sounds a little like joan jett. who is this chick i love her." and then a week later i found out who it was. yeah.

2. on monday I didn't have to work, so i wore my pajamas all day. and then i went to bed. with the same pajamas on.

3. i found out that i like eating white beans out of the can when they are cold. that's what happens when you come home from the gym and make dinner when you are starving.

4. I am going to go to Benny's for new tires instead of town fair because the town fair guy talked me into something that i really can't afford (re: my parents won't pay for) and I have trouble saying no/backing down. oh well, benny's is closer, anyway.

Have a good day!

1 comment:

Jess said...

If you haven't already, maybe check www.idealist.org? It has tons of non-profit jobs--that's where I found my first job. Good luck!