Monday, January 14, 2008

How is it already Monday!

I don't know how it is already monday...I definitely wish I was still at home on the couch with Sebastian watching TV under the snuggly blanket. The weekend was definitely good, if not relaxing. On friday night I went to Hejo's house for dinner, and it was FABULOUS! I met her fiance E., who made us a wonderful pasta with chicken, roasted red pepper pesto, and butternut squash. This was accompanied by some excellent polenta. We had an amazing bottle of wine, a syrah by Concannon, which I will definitely be keeping my eyes open for.

E. and Hejo live in a new condo about 15 minutes from my house. I must admit, there was a little house envy going on. I really had a great time. Both of them love to talk, which is great. Anyone who knows me knows that I can talk until I'm blue in the face. I got to their house at about 5:30 and didn't leave until 11:30. Lots of talking...

Saturday was spent suit shopping with my mom. I need a suit for the upcoming conference presentations and then for job interviews (which will hopefully come sometime during the spring...) I mentione dto my mom on friday that I would be suit shopping, and she asked me if I was going alone. When I told her that I was, she offered to come with me, which usually means she is willing to pay...This time was no different, and I came home with 3 new suits (we found grat deals, 3 suits for under $300) and new bras and underwear. Hopfully the suits will do their job and I will get a job, thereby not needing to rely on my mom for professioal clothes. and the tires that are being put on my car tomorrow...

unfortunately M. and I had a HUGE fight on saturday night. however, apparently he was in an "angry working mood", because all of the dishes got done, the fridge was cleaned out, I now have 2 new shelves in my kitchen, the annoying closet door has been removed, the porch has been swept clean of pine needles, and the christmas lights have been taken down. At least something good came out of it...

Sunday I organized the closet, and my parents came for dinner, which was great.

Now I am here at work.

And I leave for Florida on Thursday!

No comments: