Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I'm still here...

So I really was intending to write yesterday, but things have been very busy at work. I am getting ready to leave for a conference next thursday, so my boss and I have been wrapping things up for our presentation. Even though I missed a day, there is somethng else that I have been pretty good at keeping up on since the new year: going to the gym. I didn't make this a new year's resolution, thogh. Why bother? New Year's resolutions just become another thing on my plate to make me feel stressed and slightly guilty. And because I am actually a very goal oriented person, my list of New Year's resolutions usually spirals out of control, becoming a list of 15 topics, color-coded and followed by itemized and bulleted steps that need to be completed in order to fulfill said resolution, etc. Once I start making lists, it can get a little out of control (we can talk about my tendancies to be a little ocd at another point...)

Whatis the point of the new year's resolution, anyway? I mentioned in my last post that I tended to be a bit of a dork, and one of the things that I truly enjoy doing is googling anything that comes to mind that I might want to know more about. I mean EVERYTHING. So, when thinking about this post, I decided to google the history of new year's resolutions. And come to find out, there was a mythical Roman king named Janus, who had two faces. Janus could look forward and backward at the same time. On midnight on the eve of the new year, it was said that Janus could look at the events of the past but also forward to the possibilities of the future. Huh. so now you have learned someting new.

Anyway, back to the gym. While not a New Year's resolution, it is a goal of sorts, and so far I went last saturday and monday. And yesterday I did pilates at home. And I am doing pilates at home again when I get home form work. So what I mean is that I have been to the gym twice. Perhaps the whole point of this post has been undermined now that I think about it...But really, I plan to continue going.

My gym motivation has arisen from my friend reminding me that we had the opportunity to go to florida again in march. Remember the dream vacation from the last post? Oh yes. I could do it again. If I find the cash. But more important than the cash is the fact that I am in no way in shape to go to florida, unless the only thing that i will be repeating from last year are the lunches at steak and shake... so my goal now is to become florida-worthy by mid march. we shall see...

On another note, office friend H. has invited me to her house for dinner on friday night and I CANNOT WAIT. yay!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so now you can have an "anti new years resolution", sounds much easier to handle to me.

Unknown said...

Because no one is here today (like at all) I started a blog of my own. woot woot, if I did it right the address is http://hejo-asyouwish.blogspot.com/

See you later!

PS I look like a stalker by writing all these comments. oh well!