Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Today was fab...

Despite the title of this post, today was not fab until I got home form work. The workday sucked, mainly because I had trouble sleeping last night and took some pills, but not until modnight so I ended up sleeping until 8:30 this morning and felt groggy and hungover when I woke up. I had not time to get coffee before work, my 10:00 appointment didn't show up, the new counseling intake forms I wrote for our alcohol consulting sessions are not working, and resulting in my stumbling through sessions. I have a TON of work to finish, and things just kept getitng piled on today. I also had a mid-afternoon headache that I was afraid would turn into a migraine (it didn't)and when I called A (of C and A, the couple on the verge of breaking up) to see if she was in for the gym after work, she said probably not because she thought A might be moving out today. awesome. I also tripped in the hallway in full view of most of my office, but managed to laugh it off and save my soda. Oh, and the soda? Either they hooked up regular pepsi to the diet pepsi fountain or i was just an idiot and got the wrong soda. Either way, I drank it. More unneccesary calories! Yay!

So, as the above rant illustrates, today kind of sucked. AND THEN MIRACULOUSLY TURNED AWESOME! When I got home, mike had put laundry away, done the dished, and was in the middle of making a delicious dinner of perfectly seasoned porkchops accompanied by tomato parmesan pasta and green beans. I told him about my crappy day and he told me to go sit and relax while he finished dinner (!). Dinner was great, then there were a few CSI episodes from the DVR, AND THEN IT WAS TIME FOR AMERICAN IDOL.

Some things that made idol watching fab:
1. m spliced the cable into the bedroom. bed+ai=heaven
2. one commercial break provided plenty of time for some bedroom acrobatics...
3. sebastian joined us later at the foot of the bed and, for once, his nose wasn't thisclose to my face as he meowed for food.

Here is the only issue I had with AI tonight:

WHAT is the obsession with THIS GUY?



simon was all like "you are so lucky! you have looks! talent! charm!

um, if your idea of hot = 12
if you like talent that puts you to sleep
and if you think being charming = ass kissing.

seriously, do they really think he is better than this guy:



this guy is RIDICULOUSLY HOT , not to mention he has a great voice. i like my men to be old enough to grow facial hair.

even better than the aussie hottie, in my opinion, is this guy:



i think josiah has such an amazing, different voice. he would be an awesome punk singer. and i can't believe that they hated his version of stand by me. it gave me chills....

so now, i should try to go to bed, but i think having such a fab night has revved me up...I need to find something to do to burn off this energy...

2 comments:

Maxie said...

The second guy is the one that sang bohemian rhapsody, right? I really liked him.

and i just confirmed your FR :-)!

Jess said...

The Bohemian Rhapsody guy was great. I didn't like Josiah, though. I thought his song at the end was a disaster and he is a melodramatic wreck. I can see his appeal, though.